Tuesday, 10 July 2012

I have had to purchase a much thinner plastic. After testing the plastic on the  sewing machine on the free hand foot I have found that the plastic tears far to easily. So to overcome this problem I have decided to hand stitch the design on to the back of the raincoat as you can see on the image below.

I used mainly  chain stitch on the raincoat as I found that this did not rip the plastic . I also used invisible thread to sew the blue, red and gold beads on. I encountered a few problems with the beading as if I pulled the needle and thread to fast or to hard the plastic tore and I therefore had to start again.

 I am very happy with my the way the raincoat has turned out  and using the thinner plastic has made it a lot more flexible and light weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment